Teaching with Arduino this Fall
Peter Drexel
2013-08-23 18:08:55 UTC
Hello,

I'm teaching a college-level course in Computer Organization / Architecture
this Fall. For part of the course, we will be using the Arduino Uno as the
target platform. There must be some of you who have already invented this
wheel. I would appreciate links to syllabi and or labs. Suggestions too.

Peter

Michael Shiloh
2013-08-25 17:50:08 UTC
Hi Peter,

This sounds like a very interesting course.

Will you focus on the internals of the Atmel microcontroller, and use
the Arduino environment as a way to illustrate how that architecture is
used?

I imagine studying the libraries that deal with the hardware will also
be very relevant.

I would love to hear more about this course and how you plan to use Arduino.

Michael
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to teachers+unsubscribe-WlhGAVUqZSnn5oo1b0/***@public.gmane.org
Linz Craig
2013-08-26 16:02:37 UTC
Hi Peter and teachers,
We at SparkFun have a bunch of free materials anyone can use in order to
jump start their curriculum. Here are a bunch of links to help you get
started. The material is Open Source under a Creative Commons License, so
do whatever you like with it as long as you attribute the original
creators. Best of luck with class prep!

https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum/1
https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum/3
https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum/8
https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum/33
https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum/44

And for use with Processing -
https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum/46
https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum/45

Regards,

Lindsay Craig
Educational Outreach Coordinator
Here's some of what SparkFun Electronics is doing in
2013!<https://learn.sparkfun.com/tour>
SparkFun Electronics